Serving Philadelphia, Montgomery County and Bucks County
One of the worst catastrophic scenarios for a homeowner is if your pipes freeze and then burst. This horrible situation can destroy homes and cost thousands of dollars in damage. When the weather is unpredictable, one day freezing cold, and the next day it’s warm, it can be difficult to predict when you may be at risk for this problem. A plumber from our company can help you figure out if you are at risk for frozen pipes. Whether it’s your primary residence or an investment property, you want to feel less worry when the forecast indicates freezing temperatures.
Goodman Plumbers in Philadelphia Voted Best of Philly
A+ Rating On Angie’s List and BBB
The good news is that it is possible to avoid frozen pipes. Here are some ways a plumber can help you prepare when the weather is not being cooperative.
- Keep the Temperature Steady – The best way to avoid frozen pipes is by keeping the temperature in your home steady. If you’re away from home, and there is a deep freeze in the area, it’s important to make sure your thermostat stays above a certain point. If you forget to set the temperature in your home, your pipes may be at risk.
- Drain All Water – For a home that may be vacant for a length of time, you need to have the water drained from the pipes completely. Contact us so that we can help you winterize your home if it’s going to be empty during the bitter cold months of winter.
- Have Faucets Drip – If you know your pipes are at risk of freezing, one way to help prevent this from happening in a pinch is to let the hot and cold faucets slowly drip to keep the water flowing and avoid the ice buildup.
- Insulate Pipes for Protection – In some situations, your home’s insulation is not sufficient enough to protect various pipes around your property. We can help by providing pipe insulation services to cover these vulnerable areas. Ask about our free estimates.
- Address Gaps or Cracks– We can find and seal up any cracks or gaps that may be bringing cold air inside and putting your pipes at risk.
Over 60 Years Experience as a Licensed Plumber Call Now!
If the unimaginable happens and you find yourself with frozen pipes, call us immediately. We are Philly magazine’s “Best Emergency Plumber,” and we can help you figure out what to do next.
Before the cold weather starts to arrive call us today and see how we can help you protect your pipes from the elements.
Why Choose Goodman Plumbing
Goodman Plumbing is a second generation company that has over 6 decades of experience and outstanding growth. Recognized as one of the best plumbing companies in the Delaware Valley, Goodman Plumbing’s achievements are the result of our family values that are part of every project no matter how large or small. This is why it is extremely important to us that we treat our customers like family. So if you need sewer line repair, frozen pipe repair, well service or even water damage restoration contact us today and schedule your next appointment!