Serving Philadelphia, Montgomery County and Bucks County
Floor drains are used in areas of the house such as basements, garages, laundry rooms, and patios to collect and drain water and prevent flooding. Generally, floor drains are designed to remove the water that could flow along the floor on these areas. Floor drain cleaning should be done about once a month to keep drains fully functioning and prevent bad odors, but be careful using some cleansers you buy at the supermarket, as some are harmful to pipes. Hire an experienced plumber if you have any doubt about how to clean your drain correctly.
Goodman Plumbers in Philadelphia Voted Best of Philly
A+ Rating On Angie’s List and BBB
To keep your floor drain well maintained, you should have some idea of how it is designed. Most floor drains have a water-filled trap that prevents sewer gas from escaping and creating odors.
- Shower Room. The most common, this drain has different volume capacities depending on its shape. A shower floor drain has a membrane to prevent leakage and a collar around the bottom.
- Flushing Rim. This drain is used in commercial buildings that have rooms with floors that must be cleaned regularly. The inside of the drain is coated to prevent debris from sticking to it and it has a secondary pipe that flushes water through the drain to remove any particles of waste.
- This type of drain has a large capacity, and can be used in any finished floor area. These have either round or square grates.
- Integral Trap. This floor drain has both a standard drain and another opening known as a floor level cleanout. Drains of this type are used in floors that are not level or are connected to a shallow line; water runs through the drain and then beneath the floor level cleanout before it enters the pipe.
- Indirect Waste. These drains have a funnel instead of a grate, so that they can connect multiple waste lines.
Need a Plumber for Floor Drain Cleaning? Call 24/7
If you don’t keep your floor drains clean, the trap can dry out and sewer gases can vent upwards into the room, creating a bad smell. Flies, cockroaches, and other insects and bugs can creep in floor drains when they are dry; when damp, they can harbor insect larvae. Either way, this can create a haven for home infestation. Blockage in a drain can cause water to backup and create a flooded condition in the room. To avoid these problems, have a plumber regularly inspect your drains and perform floor drain cleaning when necessary.
Why Choose Goodman Plumbing
With Offices in Philadelphia & Feasterville Trevose
Goodman Plumbing is a second generation company that has over 6 decades of experience and outstanding growth. Recognized as one of the best plumbing companies in the Delaware Valley, Goodman Plumbing’s achievements are the result of our family values that are part of every project no matter how large or small. This is why it is extremely important to us that we treat our customers like family. So if you need sewer line repair, toilet repair, well service or even water damage restoration contact us today and schedule your next appointment! Serving Abington, Willow Grove, Horsham, Fort Washington, Feasterville Trevose, Langhorne, Yardley, Newtown, Richboro, Warrington, Doylestown, New Hope, Chalfont, Lansdale, King of Prussia, Wayne, Havertown, Springfield and surrounding!